Saturday, May 18, 2013

Swamp Songs

This is one hard song to find.  Distinctively Tony Joe White, it's billed to German band Boozoo Bajou.  I always remember it lyrically has to do with directions to the swamp and that of course it's Tony Joe on the vocal, but the four or five times I've tried to track it down have let me on a virtual runaround throughout the internet.  One time I even emailed local radio DJ/radio personality Bryan Beck to see if he knew what I was searching for.  I mean heck, Tony Joe probably has more songs about the damn swamp than any other one thing!  Swamp Water, Swamp Boogie, Swamp Rap to name a few; heck his nickname is "the Swamp Fox" for crissakes.

Well, here it is, after repeating the frantic but determined search last night until I finally nailed it down:
Boozoo Bajou's "Keep Going"



...but it's all Tony Joe, ain't it.



No comments:

Post a Comment