Friday, May 17, 2013

Songs About Heavy Metal Dudes

Wendy James (of whom there will be quite a bit of discourse here later on down the line) seems to be like a pop music time traveler--never right on the current mark (unfortunately for her bank account), but always just way ahead of the curve.  And even more intriguingly, she seems to abandon what she's created the second she's kinda got it down.

I just got my hands on her obscure record "Racine No. 1" the other day after a hard fought search to find it in it's complete studio version.  I knew I'd be predisposed to like the song "Heavy Metal Dude" because--well, I was one, and--I've had "Heavy Metal Drummer" in my head lately...Man, "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot" was somethin'.

Tonight's flight shares awesome beats:

Wendy/Racine (Live, but totally legit. Sounds like she'd actualized her inner Kim Gordon):



Tweedy & (Wil)co "Playin' Kiss covers, beautiful and stoned...":


No comments:

Post a Comment